The skin is the largest organ of our body, it constitutes a living biological barrier, and it also constitutes our image to the outside world. Disruption of normal skin functions leads to acute and chronic diseases. Dermatology is the specialty in charge of treating diseases of the skin and its annexes (hair and nails), and it also cares for healthy skin and protects it and prevents it from diseases, aging, and skin tumors.
Within clinical dermatology we carry out the diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of the most frequent skin pathologies included in a regular consultation with the dermatologist, both in adults and children.
• Acne rosacea
• Hair loss (effluvia, androgenetic alopecia, trichotillomania…)
• Atopic dermatitis
• Seborrheic dermatitis
• Skin infections (viral, bacterial, and fungal)
• Benign tumors (cysts, lipomas, dermatofibromas…)
• Premalignant lesions (actinic keratoses)
• Skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma)
• Dermoscopic follow up of melanocytic nevi (moles)
• Vascular lesions
• Treatment of axillary and palmar hyperhidrosis with botulinum toxin (Botox®).
• Pigmentation disorders
There are no good treatments but good indications, which is why therapeutic success often lies in the correct selection of each treatment for each specific patient. That is, in the individualization of cosmetic treatments and recommendations. We prevent and treat skin aging with minimally invasive techniques that are feasible within the usual routine (Botox, hyaluronic acid fillers, peels, facial and body mesotherapy, etc.).